Friday, February 6, 2015

About me.

Hi.

So my name is Ruth and I think I'm going to start blogging again. I had another kind of blog before but I then decided it wasn't exactly what I wanted to do and took a break from it. But now I miss having a blog. So I went and started another! And named it Ruth Writes About Stuff. Because that's what I'm going to do here. Write. About stuff.

What is all this fabulous stuff then? Well, we'll see. On the blog itself, I'm going to write about whatever is on my mind at the moment. Maybe add some pictures too although I do feel it's better to keep some privacy these days. And then I'm going to publish my fiction here whenever I get something done or feel like I want to share some of my old stuff. I also write songs and every now and then I might share some of that - stuff - too. Without the music, they're just poems but I might get all brave and make videos of myself singing them. :)

I am not a professional writer (yet?) but a stay-at-home mom. I studied English (philology and literature) and got my Bachelor of Arts degree in 2012. A few months before that I got married to the love of my life and we now have a 22-month-old son together, the apple of my eye.

Could we have summer all year long?

I write in English as I am bilingual myself (having lived abroad when I was little and with family in the States) but we live in Finland, a beautiful country in Northern Europe, full of lakes and trees. And a lot of snow, most of the time. We currently live in the suburbs of a bigger city, but we are planning on buying a house of our own now in a year or so. I do dream of that cute picket fence somewhere in the countryside. And my own little vegetable garden. Aw, and some chickens. Totally.

In addition to being a mother and a wife, I am a Christian and God plays a big role in my life. I normally go to Lutheran or Pentecostal church but I really don't understand why there are so many different denominations and why you have to "choose one" - same God, that's all that matters.

I love everything that comes with being a mother like playing with my son and teaching him things, cooking and baking, sewing, reading silly Dr Seuss books out loud and washing a huge pile of laundry every day. :) I plan on homeschooling him which is going to be a fun experience and also when my son's a bit older and I have more time, I'm planning on writing my Book - which is something you'll hear me say a lot.

And now I'm also going to be a blogger and write about all this famous stuff you've heard so much about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)