Thursday, June 11, 2015

Just... what's up. And what our living room looks like.

Ok, I thought I'd finally just pick up my laptop on my bed and write something on my blog while my son naps and I'm drinking my tea and secretly eating raw chocolate bites.

Aaand the moment I start writing, my son wakes up. And so, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get him and make him a little snack. Avocados and some cashew nuts. I need to go hide my chocolate.

 - - - Two days go by - - - 

Hi again. It's been two months! I have all these ideas in my head I could write about but my son takes about an hour's nap and as you can see, I don't have time to write a long blog post in that time. (I have stuff to do first and I also just want to sit down and drink a cup of tea and not think about anything for a while when he sleeps because we do so much the rest of the day.) And in the evening, I'm tired. He wakes up around 6 am every day. Today we woke up at 5.15. Two-year-olds, huh? I haven't actually done anything I've been meaning to - I have a sewing project just waiting for me in the corner (a pretty yellow fabric for a picnic dress), I have like four different stories I'm working on that have piled up inside my head and I need to write them down, and then there's this blog and, you know, like three TV shows I need to watch, HAHA. In addition to that, I'm completely stressed out at the moment because there's this house... We found it quite recently and we REALLY want to buy it but buying a house isn't that simple and it's not even certain it's in good condition because it's very old but the area and the big garden are so pretty and perfect I don't want to let them go and we're not sure what we should do... There's also another similar kind of house and neighborhood we love that's in great condition even though it's even older (old houses are the prettiest!) but that means the price is also higher and we can't necessarily afford that one...

But at the same time, it's finally SUMMER and I couldn't be happier! I'm such a summer person and I live in a country where 3/4 of the year it's dark and cold and for three months it's warm and it's sunny and I'm getting the most of it by staying out every day with my son! And my husband's on summer vacation for almost the entire July, yay!

I have been trying to come up with a way to post my stories and my songs here because that was one of the main ideas with this blog - to share all my writing. And to see what people think. But I'm not sure how to do that. Stories are long (I usually write short stories or novellas - haven't gotten around to writing an actual novel yet, though) so they can't just be blog posts - I probably need to make a separate link for those... And the songs, well, I could video tape myself singing (eeh!) but our video camera WON'T WORK - or I could just record them but my Garage Band WON'T WORK either because it's on my old laptop (it's almost ten years old, poor thing). So I'm going to have to figure this out. But as soon as I get the hang of this, you can expect a lot more material from me.

Oh, but just to show the difference - I showed you a picture of our living room when it was empty and this is what it looks like now that I'm done with it. (It looks dark because the camera is facing the window and I can't edit pics with this new laptop of mine. My husband insisted I get a Linux instead of another Mac.)

Now don't be fooled - there are usually toys everywhere.



















Ok I still need a few more things - some fun, colorful cushions and something on that wall above the TV and chair. I've been thinking of big letters that spell out FAMILY. Cute, huh?

Anyway, let's hope I get my "stuff" here soon because I'm anxious to share it all too!

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)